Knitcentric

Young mother, and avid knitter working her way through life, one pair of socks at a time.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hey everyone! I had a great week, and this show isn't out too late. I'm working through some personal issues right now, so things don't always happen when I intend them to. Nothing real big going on, I just don't handle stress well. What may seem simple to some is awful for me. I have also wanted to work on some knitcentric related projects, like my cafe press store.

Since I didn't want to talk about my father today I talked about the other men in my life. I talked about my wonderful husband Trent, and my six older, protective brothers.

On my needles I have my world cup sweater. I am rockin this sweater, I have half the back and both sleeves done. I think I needed a much harder project for a month long event.



I also have the project I am cheating on my world cup knitting with, a little baby sock. Congrats to my brother Ben and his wife Angelica. Thank you for giving me my first baby to knit for!



I also talked about the three yarns I dyed last week. I loved the blue-green one, even if it was't what I was trying for. The orange and yellow one, I'm sure I'll find someone who loves it. The pink and blue one is destined for the dye bath.



I also talked about the gadgets I want, but do not need. I swear someday I will have a Niddy Noddy! I think I need to work harder to rationalize an electronic yardage counter.

Well, that's all. Thanks for stopping by!

6 Comments:

  • At Mon Jun 19, 07:54:00 AM, Blogger malegra said…

    I made a PVC niddy noddy, and love it! I've had it for a couple of years, and it works so wonderfully. Plus, it's easy to take apart and store, which is wonderful, since storage is at a premium here.

    See As the Yarn Turns for great instructions on how to make one for $3-4, and then Kristi's notes about how to make sure it measures exactly as you wish.

    And thank you for the wonderful yarn! I can't wait to receive it!

     
  • At Tue Jun 20, 10:42:00 AM, Blogger shell said…

    WOW!! I just found your Podcast - and I love it - although I can say that the winning advice - made me cry. My eldest is now 18 and just graduated, and it caused me to think back on the hunts for his Ernie doll when he was young. A good cry.
    Keep up the great work!

     
  • At Tue Jun 20, 02:20:00 PM, Blogger Pam said…

    I dyed some yarn with my daughter for her to knit a sweater from Inspired Cables. We did umpteen test swatches and got a lovely light denim. If you look at my blog the finished project is turquoise with pale lavender and blue patches on some skeins. I later read that Wilton colors sometimes break in hot water which I took to mean they separate into their part colors. Also, it is hard to do test swatches and scale up to do the yarn unless you have really good measuring equipment so don't be discouraged. Fortunately, Jenn liked the new color.
    www.roddydknit.blogspot.com

     
  • At Tue Jun 27, 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Julie D. said…

    I just discovered your podcast and am working my way through the old episodes. Great job, especially on the resources. I also really resonated to the idea of not having had a stash before knitting socks. As I am almost done with my FIRST sock, I discovered that I have gone out and bought the yarn for three more pairs. Here, I thought I was above a stash, but for precisely the reasons you mentioned, I definitely am NOT.

    Thanks again for a great job!

     
  • At Sun Jul 02, 05:06:00 AM, Anonymous Lizzy - England said…

    Thanks for your podcast - I always look forward to yours. Please keep it going! Could we see what you look like or some of the area around where you live?

     
  • At Sat Jul 08, 02:01:00 PM, Blogger Olive Oyl/Pensguys said…

    I like all the yarns you dyed! Even the pink and blue one! :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home