Knitcentric

Young mother, and avid knitter working her way through life, one pair of socks at a time.

Sunday, May 28, 2006



Welcome back everyone!

Quick reminders, click on the frappr map link before June 1st to win the yarn! If you miss this drawing, I will have another one next month, so listen next week for the winner and the next contest.

Also spot by http://knitspot.com to find out how you can participate in the yarn rant, also on June 1st.

Remember, Knit in public day is June 10th. You can read more, or pick up a button for your blog herehttp://www.wwkipday.com/ .

Lastly, the knitting World Cup is coming up, starting June 9th. Pick your project and sign up here, http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com/2006/05/knitting-world-cup-announced.html

This week I talked about passionate knitting, losing the passion for what I was working, and finding it again.

I also talked about all of the things I have had on my needles lately. I only have a couple of pictures today. I finished my toe-up socks from a few episodes ago, then I knit a pair of socks for Joanna, the green ones above. I also worked my "coffee" socks, using knitpicks Memories S'mores. I'm also finishing a workout towel, working on my daughter's quilt and drawing some plans for christmas knitting. Busy busy!

I did two reviews, first Knitters Magazine. This was my first and last time reading thia magazine. I rated it red heart acrylic, a bit scratchy and in an unattractive color.

The other review I did was Knit 1 magazine. We get it, Lion Brand still makes fun fur yarn. I rated this, scarf made with fun fur and lion brand wool. All of the patterns are easily done, with easy to aquire yarn. There are some interesting articles, and some of the patterns are simple and nice. However, there is also a lot of loud, flashy fun fur patterns. If you like them, great, but I am strangly against cruelty to muppets.

That's all for this week. Next week, all about spinning!!!

8 Comments:

  • At Sun May 28, 06:35:00 PM, Blogger Olive Oyl/Pensguys said…

    LOVE the socks!

    I'm definitely ordering some of the S'Mores. What kind of pattern did you use? And what kind of heel?

    Thanks!

     
  • At Tue May 30, 06:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I completely agree with the reviews! I got my issue of Knit1 and was like..."What were they thinking?" Can't wait to hear about your spinning, mine's off to a slow start.

    Shannon in Michigan

     
  • At Wed May 31, 03:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I enjoyed this week's show, especially your thoughts on taking responsibility for your own happiness. Thanks for sharing that. I love those s'mores socks too!

     
  • At Wed May 31, 04:53:00 PM, Blogger Zarah said…

    Hey - I just wanted to let you know I loved Episode 9. It really hit home with me, I've been feeling "unpassionate" about my knitting lately, too. I'm thinking about starting a sweater I want to knit, even though it's crazy-hot outside.

     
  • At Thu Jun 01, 06:54:00 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Another great show! I totally agree with you about Knit 1. I didn't even bother to buy it. I am loving the smores socks I have some of that coming. Those pedicure socks are just too cute!

     
  • At Fri Jun 09, 10:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What an insightful post. Thanks for reminding us that we are in charge of our own happiness and passion for life.

    Toni

     
  • At Thu Jul 20, 07:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
    »

     
  • At Sat Jul 22, 11:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I find some information here.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home