Knitcentric

Young mother, and avid knitter working her way through life, one pair of socks at a time.

Sunday, May 14, 2006


Here is the frapper map drawing yarn! It is 440 yards of hand dyed merino wool. The color is pretty close to the actual yarn on my computer, but in case it isn't on your computer this yarn has shades of blue, purple and a little aqua. The winner of this yarn will be the only person in the world (besides me of course) to have yarn I dyed.

To win this yarn, stick a pin in the frapper map before June 1st. I will draw a name out during my show recorded the weekend of June 3-4. You will hear the name drawn live on the show.

I will send an email out to the winner right after I post the show. The winner will have two weeks to send a message back with their mailing address. If I do not get a mailing address within two weeks, I will draw another winner.

Good Luck Everyone!

8 Comments:

  • At Tue May 16, 06:21:00 AM, Anonymous Knitter Margaret said…

    Good podcasting! You may have discussed this already, but can you tell us why you're in Japan, how long you've been there, how long you will be there, what's the knitting community like in Japan..., etc. I would be very interested to hear. Thanks, Margaret.

     
  • At Tue May 16, 08:15:00 AM, Anonymous eliza said…

    I really love your podcast -- it's one of the ones I listen to pretty much right away when it downloads. :)

     
  • At Wed May 17, 08:15:00 AM, Blogger Dawn said…

    Frapper isn't doing very well at the moment. I've put that I'm living in Southampton not US, but it keeps putting me in Mass. Oh well, will try again, though it looks funny that I've said I'm an American living in the UK, and yet my name is appearing in the US! You might want to take me off since I'm on there twice and it is wrong! Thanks, and sorry about that. I will try again when the stupid thing that gives suggestions is working!

     
  • At Thu May 18, 01:18:00 PM, Blogger Mandy said…

    Enjoyed the show this week. Your yarn looks lovely! Glad to hear that your little one is feeling better!

     
  • At Fri May 19, 07:50:00 AM, Blogger magnicmax said…

    You are by far one of my favorite podcasts! Keep up the good job Shannon. Great colors on your yarn. Was that the kool aide dyed? Came out great.

    Thanks for the entertainment!

    Donna in RI

     
  • At Mon May 22, 05:41:00 AM, Blogger spider_knit said…

    I've been enjoying the podcasts very much and wanted to mention that I am on my first batch of lace on a large scale(as you were talking about a fear of starting lace).

    I chose to knit something with a straight-forward lace for the body (its a cardigan) but a more detailed lace edge. The 4 row lace pattern is giving me lots of practice at knitting lace. I would recommend a couple of things. 1. Use wooden needles, as slippage is your enemy, and 2. Get used to going slow. Lace, it would seem has its own rythm, and its easier if your don't try and knit at your usual pace.

    Anyway take care and thanks for the podcast.

    p.s. That handdyed is really beautiful, and I hope you'll consider sending to Australia if I win!!

     
  • At Thu Jul 20, 07:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     
  • At Sat Jul 22, 11:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I find some information here.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home