Knitcentric

Young mother, and avid knitter working her way through life, one pair of socks at a time.

Saturday, May 06, 2006




Hello again!

I almost didn't post this week, it was hard to find a minute to record! Well, this episode I whined a little about a online yarn store. I left the name of the store out intentionally, but I was very unhappy with the experience. I also talked about my dream for an Angora rabbit.

On my needles I have the toe up socks I was working. I forgot to mention the yarn brand, Knit Picks Sock Memories in the color Flower Power. It has been on sale lately, so if you like it, now is the time to order! I'm not totally happy with how the heel came out, but I think I just prefer the heel flap.

I also have a pair of pedicure socks going. I'm almost done, so I'll post those pictures in a few days when I finish them. The socks are based on the pattern by Ruthie Nussbaum. You can find her pictures at Knitty.com.

I reviewed a couple of books, firstly Knit One, Kill Two by Maggie Sefton. It is the first in the Knitting Mystery series and was a good read. I wanted to crawl into the book and move into the yarn store!

I also reviewed Not Just Socks and Not Just More Socks, both by Sandi Rosner. I'd been waiting for the books for a while, but for the most part I wouldn't recommend them. The patterns are cool, and worth a look, but it's mostly because self striping yarn are so pretty.

I also gave a mention to the podcast Craftborg. I love it! Geeks unite!

Thank you to everyone who left me a comment last week, and a huge thank you to those who left me sweet comments on itunes! I'll be back next week with a special episode devoted to my favorite human, my Mother.

Thank You all for coming back!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home