Knitcentric

Young mother, and avid knitter working her way through life, one pair of socks at a time.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Welcome Back everyone!

First off, sorry my editing was a bit off, I was editing with a headache, so I know I missed some things! Second, a thanks to everyone who stopped by and left comments, it's great to know people are listening. I have added a link to my podcast feed, so I hope everyone who wants to is able to listen now. I'm still learning how to do this, so please tell me if I'm missing something!

This last week I recieved another knitting injury. I now have a sore on my finger where I poke it with the needles over and over in the same spot. Naturally this will eventually begin to hurt. Badly. After a while it goes bakc to normal, but it leaves me unable to work socks for a little while.

This made me think of all of the other knitting casualties there are. Running out of yarn, accidental felting, and of course stolen needles. So, what is your worst or wierdest knitting injury?

On my needles I have a sweater, the Bernat Chill Out Cardigan. It's worked with Bling Bling yarn which is a glittery fur yarn, with little fabric pieces. I know the yarn sounds bad, and it doesn't work much better. I still like the pattern, but I'm afraid to finish it. I'm pretty sure all the knitting resentment is being saved in the stiches of that sweater. I like the pattern still, but if I ever try it again, I am working it with a different yarn!

I also have a simple pair of striped socks on right now. I'm trying to finish them in order to move on to working a pair of socks with my new koigu yarn. I have never used Koigu before, so I'll let you know next week how it's going. Let me know if you have a opinion on Koigu.

Lastly my reviews. Both got a rousing 2 needles up, or I guess since they are sock related they should get 4 needles. Firstly, I recently aquired Vogue Knitting On The Go Socks Two. I love making socks, so new ideas are always good. I'm planning on doing a pair with the pattern from the cover for Joanna, and I am dieing to try the 2 needle socks.
I also reviewed the Simple Stripes Sock Yarn from knitpicks.com. I love the colors, and the fact that they ship to APO boxes. They work up very easy on size 1-3 needles, and the socks wash very well.

Well, That's all for this time! I'm going to try this week to get pictures on my site, so hopefully by next time I'll be able to show you what I'm talking about.

1 Comments:

  • At Sat Apr 08, 06:50:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    OH! I didn't mean that as a negative :) really, I swear.

    I'm just lazy and figured you'd get more people like me remembering to listen if their podcast catchers could pick up the show for us.

    I'm loving the podcast!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home