Knitcentric

Young mother, and avid knitter working her way through life, one pair of socks at a time.

Monday, March 20, 2006

I Carry A Sock In My Purse

I recently learned that there are knitters who know how to knit socks, but do not carry a sock in thier purse. I understand the reasons why, and to be honest I don't always have a sock to work on with me, but more often than not I wish I had one.

Today I went for a walk with my daughter. I've been working on a pair of plain white socks, and am working two pairs from one skein. This makes for lots of yarn working everywhere, and is a little to bulky to fit in the purse I generally carry. When I was getting ready to go out the door I briefly thought about grabbing my socks to work on. We would be going to breakfast, than walking to an appointment to get our hair cut. I normally would not even think about bringing my big knitting bag on a walk with me, but something made me pause and consider it. I instantly shook off the thought, knowing I had a couple of stops to make on the way home, and my knitting bag would take up all of the space in the bottom of the stroller.

Off Joanna and I went on our way, with no sock. As I'm sure you can guess, I ended up with a little bit of a wait, and wanted the socks to work on. As I sat, waiting for 45 minutes, I wondered why I would ever leave the house without a sock in my purse.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home