Knitcentric

Young mother, and avid knitter working her way through life, one pair of socks at a time.

Friday, March 31, 2006

Episode 1 Knitcentric

Welcome All!

I really enjoyed working on my first Podcast, it has been a learning experience! I don't have a lot of notes for this episode, but here they are!

Today I talked a little about myself, I am married with a four year old and I live in Okinawa Japan. I've been knitting for around three years, but I'm still a little of a newbie. I started knitting when I inherited my grandmother's knitting needles. I didn't get hooked until after I moved here and made my first sweater. Since then I have built my stash and been slowly pretending to work my way through it.

I was going to talk about a pair of white socks I had been knitting with Bernat Sox Yarn, but I finished them too quickly. I'm not really a plain white socks kind of girl, so they were too boring. Instead I decided to talk about my first time dying with kool-aid. I used the left over white sock yarn and berry blue kool-aid. The yarn came out great! I'm going to use it with some lemonade sock yarn (also kool-aid dyed) and make little socks for my daughter. If you want to try cheap yarn dying, visit knitpicks.com and look under their free patterns link to find their instructions.

Lastly I reviewed the book At Knit's End Meditations For Women Who Knit Too Much by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. I loved this book! Each thought was short and funny, making it easy to read around my daughter's schedule. The only problem I had with this book is the title. Knitting too much? Not possible!

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Mar 31, 02:01:00 AM, Blogger Maura said…

    Hi!
    This is Maura from KnitTunes (www.knittunes.net). Welcome to the knitting podcasting flock!! I've added your promo to the end of next week's show. I'm looking forward to hearing your first episode. I also love the way you are using this to convince your husband to let you buy more yarn!

    My podcast is KnitTunes, and the content is exactly what you would suspect from a podcast with such a name. Music to knit to... If you want to give it a listen, there are 2 episodes and a promo in iTunes.

    BTW, I'm also in Japan... But much much further north! We've still been getting snow, much to my dismay. I'm ready for spring already.

    Cheers!
    Maura

     
  • At Fri Mar 31, 03:04:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne said…

    I searched and found your Libsyn site (http://knitcentric.libsyn.com/) with your podcasts. It would be great if you'd put a link up to that on your blog page so that those of us who don't use iTunes can find out how to download your podcast, too!

    I can't wait to check it out.

     
  • At Fri Mar 31, 08:23:00 PM, Blogger Olive Oyl/Pensguys said…

    Hi! I really enjoyed your podcast!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home